Systematically designing and evaluating theory-grounded, data-driven and evidence-based behaviour change campaigns is the key expertise of Ranas Ltd. The company was founded to advise national and international organizations in the development and emergency sector on behaviour change and to cover the high demand of consultancy for social and behaviour change communication worldwide. The company evolved from the Environmental and Health Psychology group of Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, and received the Eawag approval and support as an official spin-off.
Within the Hands for Health project and in close collaboration with partner organizations, Ranas develops interventions to promote handwashing in health centres in Mali and Burkina Faso. In parallel, as part of another project, Ranas is developing interventions to promote segregation of waste in health centres.
An important part of this adaptation is to design, test and document the behaviour change techniques (BCTs) of the RANAS approach in a context-specific way in concrete interventions. This will be evidence-based based on existing literature and data-based on a quantitative survey and testing in Mali and Burkina Faso.
- Research existing interventions and campaigns to promote handwashing and waste segregation in health centres in low and middle income countries (LMICs)
- Participation in the preparation of focus group discussions with local partners
- Collaboration in the design of the interventions
- Collaboration in the preparation of the intervention test
- Documentation of the interventions
- Very good knowledge of English and French
- Completed basic studies in psychology (BSc)
- Interest in working in an international team
- Very good MS Office skills
Duration and remuneration:
- 5/6 months, starting in February/March 2022
- Part-time approx. 10 hours/week or in blocks possible
- Remuneration according to agreement
The internship will take place online, so having your own computer with Ms Office and stable internet connection is another requirement.